Skunks Removal – Do You Need A Skunk Expert? Hire a professional for the best skunk removal results.
Most cities have local bylaws in place that provide guidelines for wildlife control. The safest way to rid your property of skunks is to hire professionals specializing in skunk removal. They most often use one-way doors & prevention screening to solve the animal problem. At times a live cage traps to capture and relocate the animals safely is the method used.
Affordable Skunk Removal Toronto: About the same size as cats, skunks are black in colouring and typically have white stripes or spots on their tails, making them easy to identify. Skunks are active throughout the year, although they will lie dormant during periods of excessive cold. Skunks can be distinctly recognized for their black and white collars. A skunk’s presence can be a sign of warning of a potential attack. Skunks are able to spray a powerful scent up to 15 feet using glands located below their tail. This spray is harmful as it burns the eyes, causing temporary blindness. Prevent such attacks by calling our skunk removal technicians.
Dangers Associated with Skunk Removal
- If they perceive danger, skunks release a spray from ducts situated beneath their tails. While this spray is foul-smelling, it isn’t harmful unless it gets into the eyes. Unfortunately, skunks can be carriers of rabies, so you’ll need to use precaution whenever these animals enter your yard.
- Your best course of action would be to call a skunk removal company with great reviews. Not only do these professionals have the expertise needed to remove the wildlife safely, but they also know how to keep them out of unwanted areas.
Tips on Getting Skunks Out of Your Yard Safely
Skunks often invade residential areas in search of food or for a nesting place to raise their litter. While these creatures don’t pose much of a threat unless you startle them into spraying or biting you, it is a good idea to avoid letting them stay.
Getting skunks out of your yard safely is simple if you bring in a wildlife removal company to help you with this task.
Skunk Nesting Habits
- Skunks usually mate during the late winter, having their litter of four to seven babies in the spring. It’s important not to capture the mother during baby season. It’s recommended to have prevention screening installed to block skunks from nesting areas rather than trapping and relocating. Trapping is not a permanent solution and costs more than prevention screening.
- Once you have a skunk that has taken up residence at your home, it’s often too late to discourage her from leaving. Female skunks, in particular, will probably be looking for a place to have their litter, so she won’t be in a hurry to leave.
- When Skunks, do squirrels & raccoons have babies.
Where to Look for Skunks in Your Yard
- Skunks are lazy creatures, so they like to move into existing burrows that have been abandoned. They prefer secluded areas, such as the space found beneath patios, porches, and decks. If there are no burrows in your yard, skunks might choose to nest inside an unused shed, woodpile, or compost pile.
Hire a Professional for Affordable Skunk Removal
- Most cities have local bylaws in place that provide guidelines for wildlife control. The safest way to rid your property of skunks is to hire professionals specializing in skunk removal. They most often use one-way doors & prevention screening to solve the animal problem. At times a live cage traps to capture and relocate the animals safely is the method used.
Preventing Skunks from Coming Back – Our Best 10 Wildlife Control & Removal Tips
- Preventing skunks from returning to your yard isn’t always easy. However, a few strategies can help you to accomplish this task. Just follow these tips:
- Keep garbage in an enclosed container
- Pick up fallen fruit and/or nuts from trees
- Fence in vegetable and fruit gardens
- Fill in unoccupied existing burrows in your yard
- Enclose open spaces underneath steps, patios, porches, and decks